Diet Consultancy Services is a private practice run by Patricia Fenton, registered dietitian, who offers individual tailored nutritional advice/treatments for a full range of medical conditions covering all ages, for clients in the area of West Sussex, Hampshire and Surrey, to include the neighbouring towns & cities of: Guildford, Midhurst, Petersfield, Godalming, Haslemere, Waterlooville and Chichester. Her clinics run from "Best Practice", a private healthcare facility in Cowplain offering day time and evening appointments. Telephone and Skype sessions are also offered for clients as an option, as an alternative to face-to-face appointments. In addition to dietary consultations, other services include:-
Food dietary analysis
- Using a nutritional analysis program to analyse a three day food diary providing a nutrient breakdown of the diet. The result will be compared to the daily recommended nutrients requirements age and gender.
Body composition analysis
- Using a medically approved body composition analyzer with an integral printer providing instant accurate measurements with print-out of body composition analysis. This is a physical test that measures the various components of the body, including the ratio of body fat to lean tissue, BMI, fat mass, muscle mass, total body water and basal metabolic rate.
- Body composition test is useful if you are aiming to lose weight, increase muscle or improving sport performance. The test is completely non-invasive.
- Offering individual consultations and/ or group sessions
- Providing nutritional presentations and /or workshops
- Provision of healthy eating materials
- Advising on canteen menus
Feeding Adjustment Behaviour (FAB) Clinic
- The feeding programme is a comprehensive service that offers intensive support to children (ages 2 to 13), over a 6-12 weeks period, through face-to-face, telephone and email support. Some of the conditions the clinic can help with include, fussy / picky eaters, selective textures eating, spitting food and reduced food intake.
The team consists of a specialist paediatric dietitian and a chartered health psychologist, who through a collaborative non-judgmental approach, support both the parents and the child to make the necessary feeding and behavior adjustments.